Growing complexity of all data networks needs adequate support.
Companies running their IT operations on their own infrastructure, data centers or cloud, Telco or IP providers, they all need a solid network documentation and a functional configuration management. Impact analysis describing interdependencies among network elements (active and passive) are being developed to overcome a black-outs with significant financial losses or even single outages causing no or low availability of the service. Bottlenecks and single point of failures are determined and solved. End-point as well as route redundancies are being implemented.
But not only service availability or network component functionality are in play. IT asset management is another huge area defining efficiency of invested financial resources.
And, Graphlytic property graph visualization is a perfect enabler for all above mentioned points - network documentation, network configuration management, impact analysis and asset management. It stores and depicts all relevant network configuration information bringing these main benefits:
It increases the efficiency of planning and decision-making process as it enables to analyze all Configuration Management System (CMS) data in one place, bringing the answers to the following questions, e.g.:
What services will be affected by a X component failure?
How many X components are deployed in Y network?
Which elements support the operation of a certain component in CMS?
Which part of the network needs to be shut down when replacing X component?
Which teams needs to participate and/or to be strengthen when new service or component is in the roadmap?
Where are the bottlenecks in CMS structure?
It simplifies the operation of CMS and makes it smarter due to interactive visualization.
It increases the knowledgeability in solution teams when using single access point to CMS data.
It increases the quality, topicality and availability of CMS data using visual control and interactive application feedback.
It increases the data security resulting from detailed data access management.
It decreases the costs for IT infrastructure / services changes due to faster and more efficient planning.
It decreases the costs for the support to higher quality of operational information.
It decreases the costs for system operations due to more efficient bottleneck / SPoF analysis.
And, last but not least, it increases the customer satisfaction as a result of pro-active approach and faster time to respond and time to repair when incident occurs.
Modelling Of IT Configuration Items
Pain points / Challenges
- Network documentation and troubleshooting the outages
- Complex and constantly growing networks with increasing interdependencies among nodes
- Configuration management / configuration entities with high number of relationships between them
- IT asset management – need to manage and report value and ownership of financial assets
- Network visualization in property graph form
- Strong support tool for network documentation and impact analysis
- Analytical visualization of CMDB for IT operation management
- Server implementation or cloud instance of Graphlytic
- Description of logical and technical architecture, and application configuration
- Modeling patterns proposal for configuration management
- Complex network and infrastructure overview in most natural form of graph
- Uncovering bottlenecks, outages planning and prevention
- Real time alerts
- Significantly decreased resolution time in case of failures
- Stand-alone solution with user right managements – read-only analytic visualization tool or full access with manual modeling option
- Data from various sources e.g. ITMS in data centers, monitoring tool, ERP
- Fast search and impact analysis