Grimoire Encyclopedia is a collection of linked information about grimoires, focusing (with some distraction) on early modern Western European texts from the Christian tradition. The goal is to look at the connections and relationships within the metadata and subject matter of these grimoires, and attempt to collect factual information about their provenance and historical context.
Example on the picture below is one of the visualizations from the demo and it shows some quick tips on how to summon Lucifer or Satan. You can choose your prefered spell based on the ingredients you have or based on other outcomes of the spell (just be careful with the summoning please).
Other visualizations in the demo
What can you try in the demo?
- Search for nodes and save your search queries as separate tabs
- Start visualization with some nodes and explore their relationships - double click on a node to read all relations of that node from DB and add them to the visualization
- Save created visualization to your visualizations
- Statistics: play with property histograms in visualization - select element categories
- Find shortest path: select 2 nodes (Shift+Click) and press the "Find shortest path" button in the top toolbox to calculate shortest path (calculation is done in DB and new elements are added to visualization if needed)
- Visualization styling: create styling mappers in the "Settings" tab to style the visualization according to data to highlight patterns
- Layout: use one of the layouts in the toolbox to automatically rearange the graph (layout is applied only to selected part of the graph or to all elements if nothing is selected)
- Image and data export: use one of the export options in the "Visualization" dropdown menu or export CSV data from the search screen